The record speaks volumes
The SnapNames Brokerage Team* are pioneers in the domain name industry. And we remain on the leading edge of domain name management innovation, marketing, technology and service.
Our brokerage team was the first to sell a $1 million domain. This team has closed over $150 million worth of deals with skill and finesse, brokering domains and websites worth thousands to $9 million. For each, we do everything possible to maintain a fair, straightforward and secure transaction. The goal is always forging deals that benefit both buyer and seller.
We're technically advanced and market savvy - and among the most experienced organizations in the domain name aftermarket.
- 1999: Our Brokerage Team brokered the first-ever $1 million domain sale: wallstreet.com. Later, autos.com goes for $2.2 million.
- 2001: With innovative technology development, SnapNames creates the hugely popular online auction for expired and deleted domains.
- 2007: SnapNames creates the live event-based online auction. Since then, SnapNames has auctioned more domains than all our competitors, combined.
- 2007: Our brokerage team brokers the all-time record cash domain sale at $9.5 million. Sold a record number of domains which included website properties.
- 2008: SnapNames hosts the first live domain auction event. Participants bid, watch and buy in real time - from around the world.
- 2010: Photo.com for $1.25 million was the record domain sale for the first quarter. Quickly followed by slots.com for $5.5 million further breaking records for 2010.
- 2010: Improvements continue on the auction products - new features include a longer bidding window and proxy bidding for live auction events.
- 2012: Brokered Highest priced domain of the year Social.com, with over 20 Million in completed sales.
- 2014: Acquired by WEB.com - integration begins to allow unparalleled access to assist customers in buying and selling across the Web.com family of companies.
- Slots.com: $5,500,000
- Bored.com: $4,500,000
- CreditCheck.com: $3,000,000
- Autos.com: $2,200,000
- Social.com: $2,600,000
- KK.com: $2,400,000
- Computer.com: $2,200,000
- Seniors.com: $1,600,000
- Cameras.com: $1,500,000
- Wallstreet.com: $1,030,000
- On.com: $635,000
*The brokerage team was transferred from KeyDrive S.A. to SnapNames, Web.com LLC as part of the acquisition by Web.com Group, Inc. on March 1, 2014.